Whanake Rangataua karate promotes fitness & physical development, self-defense, coordination, discipline, confidence and character building. Our syllabus ensures karate-ka grow and develop their martial arts skills and knowledge as they progress through the ranks - each to their own potential.
All karate-ka begin at White belt (8th kyu) with an official induction done at around 4-6 weeks, by which time they will have become accustomed to the dojo routine.
What you will learn:
- Whanake Rangataua Porirua history and theory;
- Japanese karate commands & terminology;
- Shotokan (Kenkojuku) karate stances, blocks, kicks, strikes and kata (specific movements);
- Technical combinations and kumite (partner sparring);
- Dojo etiquette.
- Confidence, Self-defense, Coordination, Discipline, and Respect (for themselves and for others)
Trainings are for one hour twice weekly and are structured differently over both nights. Students will benefit fully if they attend both weekly sessions.
"Do not think that karate training is only in the dojo" - Gichin Funakoshi